« Home | Worth the Price of Admission... » | The Word of God... » | A True Shepherd! » | Iron Sharpens Iron! » | Back on Track! » | I am Back! » | More good stuff... » | Blogging » | No Perfect People Allowed! » | Easter Sunday! » 

Monday, June 12, 2006 

The Church Family



At the church where I am employed as a minister I can honestly say that we understand that idea of a church family. We know how to love and help each other. How to reach out to one another. We are small enough so that we notice when someone has been away for awhile. We notice we someone seems to be down and out. All of these things are good but there is one part of all of this that I have really struggled with. What do you do when family issues outside of the church cause problems in the church family itself. I guess in the long run maybe you can't separate the too when you have a tight nit church family. I am frustrated by this sometimes. Just when we really start gaining some momentum it seems that so bad choices cause a division in a family that in the long run has nothing to do with the church and yet really it is always part of the church. As I write this I know that I am not doing so in a very clear manner. So what about some advice for some of you that are more experienced? How do you deal with outside family issues when they becomes church family issues?

P.S. For the first time in my life I am watching the world cup and while I know nothing about soccer I am actually enjoying it, although the US just got beat 3-0.

This is why I someday hope to be able to go back to school and get an MFT degree. I think churches should have a family therapist on staff to be able to help solve these "family" issues in a professional manner.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates