« Home | Back on Track! » | I am Back! » | More good stuff... » | Blogging » | No Perfect People Allowed! » | Easter Sunday! » | My New Family! » | Grace for the Journey... » | This Thing called Life... » | A Parents take on The Prodigal » 

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 

Iron Sharpens Iron!

Proverbs 27:17
17 As iron sharpens iron,so one man sharpens another.


Today I feel as though I have been sharpened! This is only day 2 of a 5 day trip to the Waterview church to work one on one with Robert Oglesby Sr. I have learned so much here. It is amazing how clear everything becomes when you mix a learning environment with some real solid experience. Experience has cleared the waters some so that I know what I need to ask in order to become a better minister. My goal is to be that guy that can never learn enough, that can never be good enough! I want to remain sharp and effective. I praise God for this experience. Today I preached a sermon one on one for Robert Oglesby and then he coached me on several aspects of the talk. He liked me sermon structure so he just helped me make the talk a little more flashy! Some might not like this type of interaction but I really do enjoy it. I love the impact of immediate feedback! I feel blessed to be here and learn some things from a man who has been preaching very effectively for 40 + years.

One other note, I plan to blog on this whole Da Vinci code fever very soon but I would love to know how the readers of this blog respond to the book and the movie. Do you live the book/ movie ? Does is change your view of the Christian religion? How should Christian Churches respond to this fiction book/movie ? Or should they respond at all?

Definitely should NOT over-respond and get all mad aboutit, but some response is probably good. I mean we have an opportunity here to engage people in dialogue about Christ. This book and movie has a LOT of really heretical stuff in it, but ya know - IT'S JUST A STORY. The book is fiction and for us to freak out as though it were otherwise, lends even MORE credibility to a dishonest man.

I don't think we should fuss over this movie, but cherish the opportunity to discuss Christ with others.

I agree with this Dan. We should create an environment that says we are not afraid to talk about this thing. We are after all defending the truth here, so what are we so worried about ?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates