« Home | Blogging » | No Perfect People Allowed! » | Easter Sunday! » | My New Family! » | Grace for the Journey... » | This Thing called Life... » | A Parents take on The Prodigal » | Prayer... » | Reflections on the Tulsa Soul Winning Workshop » | Soul Winning Workshop » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

More good stuff...



If you are in ministry I cannot recommend this book enough!

Here is some more meat from the book:

Tolerance is defined by Webster as sympathy or indulgence for beliefs or practices differing from or conflicting with one's own. The very idea of toleration implies enduring or putting up with something that you don't like or value. OUR CULTURE DIETS ON THE CANDY OF TOLERANCE, BUT WHAT IT REALLY CRAVES IS THE MEAT OF GRACE. Tolerance does not value people people but simply puts up with their behavior or beliefs. Tolerance alone cannot accommodate both justice and mercy- it can only look the other way. Tolerance might deal with differences, but it can't embrace us in full knowledge of sin and remove our guilt.

God is the most tolerant being in the universe. No one exhibits more tolerance for beliefs or practices conflicting with his own then God. Paul points this out in Romans 2, addressing those who judge others unworthy yet fail to see their own sin. "Do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance, and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you towards repentance? Yet God far exceeds the requirements of tolerance with grace. If we are to re-present God through the church, we must exhibit far more then tolerance. We too must show grace.


Wow, this is the response to the whole tolerance issue that I having been trying to come up with and yet never could! This book is really resonating with some of the frustrations that I have had in the past of trying to create an effective ministry to people that know knowing about God.

Mike! Ya dead mon? (That's my best Jamaica accent, which I realize is not even CLOSE to Cajun, but it's the best I got.

Hey Mike,

Your blog is pretty cool man. I have been using the My space blog. You should read it and leave me comments because no one ever does. My space really has everything. I wish that you would get back on it and just make your profile private so those whackos cannot write you. I am trying to make a surprise for you it should be done soon. Check ya later bro! Jen.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates