« Home | Reflections on the Tulsa Soul Winning Workshop » | Soul Winning Workshop » | Out of your Comfort Zone! » | Today I am Irish! » | Cry Out to Jesus... » | Catching up... » | The Beauty of His Strength » | Movies, Movies, Movies ... » | What are you doing this weekend?? » | The Blessing of Godly Parents » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Prayer...




Luke 5:16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


This past week was one of constant activity. The Tulsa workshop was awesome but it also meant going non-stop. I find myself needing to be still before the Lord. To simply pray and sort though every thing right now. God is good and to be with him in prayer is an amazing privilage. Please don't take it for granted.

I am reflecting on these thoughts:
To read about the life of Jesus is to read of a life filled with activity. His public ministry began with His baptism. Then 40 days of solitude in the wilderness immediately followed. After that, His was a full schedule.

Two interesting observations can be made about the pace of Jesus' ministry. One is that He never hurried anywhere. Jesus was never in a rush. His purpose was so clear that other things were not allowed to put him in a rush.

The other is that He consistently found the time and the quiet to pray. A healthy prayer life needs those two things: time and quiet.

How can you have a healthy prayer life without taking time to pray? You can't. Some praying we do "on the run." It may be that we pray while driving or while working around the house. Still, we need quality prayer time, undistracted by any other activities.

The other need is for quiet. Finding a time and place where you are undistracted is vital to a healthy prayer life. For some, those times and places are easy to find. For others, it is a challenge.

Jesus set the example. He took time and found a quiet place to pray. Will you?

Do you take time to pray? Why not right now? Jesus did. We should also.

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates