« Home | Movies, Movies, Movies ... » | What are you doing this weekend?? » | The Blessing of Godly Parents » | A Date Night... » | Renewal 06 » | An Introduction and a Request... » | Monday Morning Blues... » | Balance... » | Give me your Links and say Hello! » | A Spiritual Legacy » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

The Beauty of His Strength





What is beauty? I can ask that question to many different people and they will most likely all reply with different answers. For me beauty is so many different things. Today I am focused on the beauty of the Lord.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh,when my enemies and my foes attack me,they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me,my heart will not fear;though war break out against me,even then will I be confident. One thing I ask of the LORD,this is what I seek:that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Psalms 27:1-4




The words of king David bring so much peace to my life. Things get pretty crazy on this Earth. So many different things pull at your attention trying to dominate the hours of your day. So much chaos, stress, and yet all the while so many fail to look upward. They may pause from time to time to admire the beauty of the creation and yet fail to see the beauty in the creator. Like David I see beauty in the face of the Lord. I see beauty in the fact that while the world around us changes faster then most can adapt the Lord never changes. He is the same God keeping the same promises never letting us down. We will fail to understand why things happen the way they do. We may experience anger and frustration because of events in this life and yet He will be there prepare to answer our questions and heal our pains. Thank you Father for your beauty, your power, your amazing promises. May more come to know the depths of your Love!

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates