« Home | World Cup » | The Church Family » | Worth the Price of Admission... » | The Word of God... » | A True Shepherd! » | Iron Sharpens Iron! » | Back on Track! » | I am Back! » | More good stuff... » | Blogging » 

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 

An Experiment...


I want to try something different on my blog. I haven't see it done yet on other blogs to the extent that I want to try it but I have seen other bloggers use guest writers which I think is kinda cool. I have more people reading this blog now so I thought it would be a good time to try something a little different. I want to have a series on Developing a Healthy church. I want to ask several different people both ministers in some cases and just members in other cases. Here are the topics that I want to discuss by asking a guest writer to write an article which will be posted on this blog and then opened up for discussion. Here are the topics that I have decided on so far. And I plan to keep this going as long as it seems to be working. (The topics with a * by it already has a writer assigned to it but if you are interested in any of these topics enough to write an article on it then please e-mail me.)

How can ministers support the church more effectively? (One article written by a church member)

How can the church better support women's ministry? (One article written Written by any female church member.)

*How can church members with no youth group children support a youth ministry? (1 article written by a youth minister.)

*How can parents help support a youth ministry? (1 article written Written by a youth minister?)

How can the church as a whole help support a children's ministry? (1 article written Written by a church member or Children's minister.)

*How can a church better support their preaching minister? (1 article written Written by a preaching minister.)

How can a church better support family ministry(1 article written by a family minister or a counselor and 1 article written by a church member.)

How can a church better minister to the community in which it exists? (One article written by any type of minister and one article written by a church member.)

That is all for now but I will think of some more soon, but please either give me some more ideas about what articles you would like to see written as well as if you would like to write an article on any given topic. Thanks!

Mike

I'm sorry brother, but this is going to have to wait two weeks until I get back from camp. Just didn't want you to think I was blowing you off. You might want to send me a reminder though.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates