« Home | Alluring » | Why I like Tony Dungy » | Faithfulness » | Reflecting... » | Resonate... » | I LOVE THE NFL! » | What do you mean it's not mine? » | The little things... » | Reflections on Thanksgiving » | Just something to make you smile! » 

Monday, February 26, 2007 

Poor Little Rich Girl


I have been thinking about blogging about the Anna Nicole Smith tragety for a while now. The other day one of my elders wrote an article that I thought that I would share with you. Before I do there is something that I want to add. My first thought in this case is I wonder if anyone ever shared Jesus with her. I wonder if anyone bothered to share the Gospel with her. Who shares the Gospel with the celebs. I also find it very sad to see the way that allot of the media is mocking her. I was not one of her fans and yet I am never happy to see someone throw their life away. Now for the article:



A Poor Little Rich Girl

What is it about this tragedy that compels our attention? Even so, most of us have probably had our fill to the sad end of Anna Nichole Smith’s life. This bizarre episode, along with it’s consequences for the relatives, lovers, and children, has been minutely publicized, analyzed, and scrutinized in infinite detail. Whatever our feelings about this matter, on thing from this mess stands out abuntaly clear. Happiness and contentment does not come from fame or fortune. A long time ago a man far greater, wiser, richer and more powerful then Anna ( King Soloman) tried to find happiness in it all. His conclusion, “ Vanity of Vanities, All is Vanity.” (Ecclesiastes 1:2) His summed up life as follows: “Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” (Ecclesiastes 12:13)

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates