« Home | A Second Post » | The Power of Numbers » | To show the true depth of my mind... » | Guaranteed to make you laugh! » | 2 Thoughts » | To Question God? » | Going deeper » | A Makeup Entry! » | The Purpose of the Church » | One Life to Live » 

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 

Candy Hearts, Roses, and Teddy Bears...





Today is a very interesting day! Today is St. Valentines Day! A day to celebrate love or at least expressions of love. I must say that for a long time I really dreaded this day because as a teen it meant getting together enough money to take the girl you might be dating for the week out to dinner and if she is really special you might even through in some flowers. I am proud to say that has all changed for me. I enjoy valentine's day. I have the love of my life to celebrate the day with! That makes me so thrilled to celebrate this day. Let me explain why: I am not be any stretch of the imagination a romantic. I don't naturally think of romance and to be honest I still struggle with the concept of how to be romantic! Don't get me wrong! I love my wife, I have no problem telling my wife just how much I really love her. In fact I make it a point to make sure that I express that daily. I also have no problem showing affection or telling her just how beautiful she is to me. Yet I still feel like I struggle to be romantic. So this day is a good day for me. It helps the romantically challenged people like myself to get up and do something romantic. I am learning everyday what it means to be romantic. Guys and girls have such different ideas about what is romantic and it is up to us to try to figure on what they view as romantic. Ruth and I have been married almost 4 years now and I can honestly say that I fall more in love with her every single day. I know her in so many different ways now and I love everything! It love it all, the good days, the bad days and everything in between. God's design of marriage is such an awesome thing!

Now here is my Top ten reasons that I am hopelessly in love with my wife:

10. The Sound of her voice!
9. Her calm sweet nature.
8. Her beautiful smile.
7. Her amazing servant spirit.
6. Her amazing compassion for all people.
5. Her physical beauty really does reflect her inner beauty. I love her heart!
4. Her blue eyes!
3. The way she laughs out loud at most of my cheesy humor.
2. Her never ending encouragement and support of my ministry.
1. Her undeniable love for her Lord Jesus Christ!

I hope you all have an great valentines day! Also guys calls you mom's on this day! It should be a rule for life!

Mike, you're such a stud muffin. :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates