« Home | Another source of Strength » | Thoughts on Life » 

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 

What do they really think...

I found a video that I had sent to me some time ago. I can't remember who sent it to me but I watched the full video for the first time today. It basically shows a guy interviewing people about what they think of Jesus Christ and what they think of Christians in the downtown area of some large city. Many don't have nice things to say about Christians althought for the most part they seem to respect Jesus. As I watched the video something really convicted my heart. A lot of people believe a lot of things about God and the church/ Christians because of bad experiences they have had or stories they have heard of others bad experiences. This video was a good reminder to me about several things. The first is that as a Christian I cannot afford to be spiritually lazy. What do I mean by that ? I mean I cannot afford to let my prayer life dwindle. I cannot afford to fail to read the Bible. I especially cannot afford to miss the opportunity to show Jesus Christ to someone with my actions. Too many people are trying to make their way through this life without Jesus in their lives. Too many have a bad taste in their mouth because of bad things that other Christians have done to them. I know that some of you are saying that is never an excuse they should look at the Lord and not humans for an example. I remind you of a scripture in 1 Peter 2:11-12 "Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us."

We are called to walk as Jesus did. To show people his reflection by our lives. By the way that we love the love by really choosing to live for Him. Let people look at us and make no mistake about who we belong to! We belong to Jesus Christ and his blood is too precious for us to forget that!

Here is the video link; (Please note this is a large file, 107 mb so you will probably need a high speed connection to download this.) Right Click this and save link as to download this movie!

I think it's REALLY sad when I encounter people who have negative impressions about Christianity from bad past experiences. But then it's no suprise when you take a look at church history a lot of times you just want to cringe. But what doesn't get advertised or promoted are all the GOOD stories out there of Christians who dedicate their lives to service and LOVE.

Still though, I've said it before and I'll say it again "This Christianity business would be a pretty good deal if it weren't for all the Christians.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Michael Potthoff
  • From Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States
  • My name is Michael Potthoff and I am 27 years old. I was raised in League City, Texas (close to Houston) I have a beautiful, godly wife name Ruth who makes me a better man! I have been in ministry close to 5 years now and Jesus Christ is my passion. Preaching His good news is something that I truly love! I am blessed to be able to do something that I truly love.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates